This week we introduce next AIthena consortium partner: Siemens Industry Software Netherlands B.V.
Siemens Industry Software Netherlands B.V. supports the transport industry to develop safer, greener, and more intelligent vehicles by providing innovative software products, state-of-the-art testing facilities and cost-effective engineering solutions. In AIthena Siemens will extend its technological capabilities with the application of extended data and real data inclusion for further developing of highly flexible models representing digital twin.
What is the role of Siemens Industry Software Netherlands B.V. and the team in the AIthena project?
In AIthena project the Siemens team will extend its technological capabilities by further developing highly flexible models representing digital twin of an autonomous vehicle, which is part of cooperative, connected automated mobility (CCAM).
What are you currently working on in the project?
Currently the following research topic are addressed by the Siemens team in The Netherlands:
- Development of a digital twin using Simcenter Prescan (as a simulation engine) and SUMO (as traffic simulator).
- Generation of synthetic data set for consortium partners in KITTI, extended KITTI and OpenLABEL format, which can be used for testing and validating data processing pipelines in CCAM and AI-based systems.
- Application of model data cards for synthetic data.
- Robustness assessment of DNN considering parametric and aleatoric uncertainties.
- Development of multiple target tracking algorithm.
- Runtime safety assurance for autonomous vehicles.
From your perspective, how do you see the contribution of the AIthena project to building trustworthy, explainable, and accountable AI-based CCAM?
One of our main contributions is the synthetic data set generation, which can be used during the continuous deployment and continuous integration process. The synthetic data set is not only accelerating the development process, but also contributes indirectly to the development of trustworthy, explainable, and accountable AI-based systems used in CCAM. Ongoing activities related to runtime safety assurance are going to contribute to safe and accountable AI-based CCAM.
You can read more about Siemens at Automotive OEMs | Siemens Software and Simcenter Prescan Software simulation platform | Siemens Software.